Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Why Won't You Choose Me?

When God Speaks (3)

1 message received. I replied.
22 new notifications. I checked.
Lee singing The Boxer by Simon and Garfunkle. I watched AI. With full concentration.
“Paaanchiii” said my niece. (She was calling out her own name: Francis) I played with her.
Silence deafening. I turned my Ipod on.

I almost fell asleep.
I almost cried.
For the nth time.
Then he said,
I’m just here.
Why won’t you tell me?
Why won’t you cry to me?

Why won’t you choose me?

There are moments in our life when we turn to a lot of things when we’re dealing with frustrations or pain. We keep ourselves occupied. Everything is just one click away. Everyone is just one tweet away.

And we indulge.

We talk even to ourselves. Yes, ourselves. Reasoning out, debating, pity partying. And we’re surprised we get nowhere. No answers. No light at the end of the tunnel.

All along God is just waiting for you to open your heart to him. He’s there. He’s waiting.

Need someone to talk with? Don’t come running to your Facebook account or reach for the remote for your favorite series just yet.

Faced with choices where you can run to, whom you can cry out to, scream at, argue with…

Choose Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by =)