Sunday, October 3, 2010

No More Repeats

I found myself in a very familiar situation. It was as if I were transported back in time. And I couldn't believe it's happening again. The only difference is I'm wiser now. At least that's what I'd like to believe. If I weren't I wouldn't be able to realize that I'm heading to that same direction, right?

Which reminds me of a proverb that was very well explained by Andy Stanley. Well enough that it's been popping in my head when I'm in the middle of crossroads. "The prudent see danger and seek refuge, while the simple keep going and suffer for it."

You bet there's a loud red alert signal that I could see right now. Must've been there for a while, but it's only now that I really paid attention. It was almost audible I can no longer pretend to miss it.

Now the question: What would my next move make me? Prudent or simple? Will I keep going or will I seek refuge?

I cannot suffer any more for my unwise decisions. I cannot allow any more repeats. I've been taught too much. Been under a lot of test. Who wants to repeat? Not me...

Sept. 27. Psalm 1. What a great reminder to focus my eyes and delight in God. Heart check: Where is my strength? To whom do I run to for security? For protection? To whom have I entrusted the key to my heart? Ah, you won't believe how God has intervened! My heart has gone a total U-turn!

God must have been really busy teaching me. Can't say I'm the perfect student for that matter, but yeah, I am getting this now. What a long ride it has been. Really tough one, huh. I haven't graduated yet, but hey I'm not stagnating as well. And I'm not settling until He has corrected, purified and renewed every single detail my heart has to cry out to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by =)